Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ian Falconer - Olivia books

Olivia is not your ordinary pig of children's literature. She dreams big and loves to wear red. Her mother tells her, "You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway," to which Olivia replies, "I love you anyway, too."

Precocious and quite possibly a foreshadowing of what my own daughter will be like in a few years given her current 2-yr old personality. I would be afraid except Falconer has made Olivia see her world in such large terms, which I adore as a general world-view.











After her stellar introduction to the world, Olivia has gone on in other books to do many things:

Olivia Saves the Circus

Olivia Counts

Olivia and the Missing Toy

Olivia Forms a Band

Olivia Helps with Christmas

Olivia Goes to Venice

Olivia and the Fairy Princess


If you haven't introduced your children to Olivia, you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment