Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wild About Books by Judy Sierra

I have checked this book out of library numerous times. I just can't get enough of the literary allusions. (You can blame that on being a life-long reader and English major, I suppose.)

(What that? Yes, I know this book is for children).

The Springfield Zoo is wild about books. I don't want to ruin her delightful, rhymed allusions, but here's one: the tree kangaroo adores Nancy Drew. You get the picture.

Marc Brown, of Arthur fame, provides the illustrations depicting an entire zoo reading, writing and learning how to treat books (baby bunnies mucked up Goodnight Moon. See?Cleverness!). I almost need to sit down alone with the book to spot all the ingenious allusions in the pictures (I spotted a raccoon reading A River Runs Through It the other day).

Bravo, Judy Sierra and Marc Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment